2012年2月3日星期五

Ugg boots on sale are fashion and function

I was very sceptical about buying a pair of UGG brand boots. I have had a pair of the cheap version in the past and found them totally unpractical, so I had just put them out of my mind for 3 or 4 years. But recently I've had problems with my feet (suspected arthritis, and I'm only 24!) and my Mum offered to buy me some Uggs as an early Christmas present to stop me wearing my non supportive dolly shoes. It seemed a good idea as the doctor did say i needed well cushioned footwear.
I was reluctant to let her pay £150-£200 for discount UGG boots on the high street and spent a couple of weeks hunting for a cheaper pair online. My advice to you is NOT to bother doing this. I found lots on ebay and ebid which I suspected to be fake, as well as lots abroad with added import tax etc. In the end I was just too scared of buying fakes and decided it would be better to pay more for less hassle.
I had originally intended to buy a pair of discount UGGs boots. I tried them on a couple of times in Office and thought they looked great. However, I was worried they might end up looking bobbly and used before too long, like a jumper would. They would also be even less waterproof than a suede pair! So I tried on a pair of Classic Uggs, and was IMMEDIATLY convinced that those were the ones for me. They are the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet. FAR, FAR better than the cheap versions and well worth paying 15 times more for!
Unlike the cheap versions UGG boots on sale have a good quality sole with good grips. They also have good support for the back of your foot (I'm sure you've seen girls walking along with their feet falling off the side of the heel and looking stupid!). The best thing is the genuine sheepskin lining though. Synthetic fabric gets sweaty immediatly and smells awful. It also wears flat and goes hard quite quickly. Genuine sheepskin is wonderful, smells nice and stays fluffy.
I also invested in some of the Ugg protection spray which helps make them a little more waterproof. I would advise you to get some of this as it makes all the difference and should prolong the life of your boots.
I have been wearing them every day for a week. Today i wore them in the rain and they were fine. No rain soaked through or anything! Earlier in the week the weather was hotter and they did become a LITTLE unpleasant. Uggs are supposed to cool your feet down in hot weather but I found they made my feet sweat a lot. Though did cool down quickly as soon as I was out of the sun. I also wore them to the pub one night and they were absolutely amazing on the walk home when it was colder. I can't wait to wear UGGs on sale in winter!
If you are considering buying some I would perhaps invest in a dark coloured pair. I had initially intended to buy them in sand but decided chestnut was more practical because it wouldn't show up dirt so much.
So far these are definately worth the money. UGG boots sale are so comfy, perfect for winter and good for your feet. You can also wear them with practically anything. I would hope they'll last a good long time, perhaps i'll update this review in 6 months!
AN UPDATE:
Although everything I wrote before was true, 3 months later I have returned my boots for a refund. Like someone else on dooyoo all the sheepskin fell out at the heel of the boot and at the toe. This made them uncomfortable to wear and was a real disappointment. If i wanted boots that only lasted 3 months I would have bought an £8 pair from Primark.
Having said this Schuh offered me a cash refund straight away.I probably will buy a new pair, in the hope that I had a faulty pair, but the fact that someone else has had the same problem is suspicious.
Summary: no wonder they're so popular! fashion with function.

没有评论:

发表评论