2012年2月3日星期五

Fancy one?Bid on my UGG brand boots on Ebay!

I'm still in doubt. Can't decide whether I love them or hate UGG brand boots. I think I will go with the second one...My Ugg boots are on Ebay, currently reaching the £30 mark, mind you there is still a day and half left. I only bought them a couple of weeks ago in TKMaxx, mainly because I wanted something to wear with my skinny jeans. I did try. I gave it a go. Than it drawned on me - I will never ever enjoy them 100% and for that reason they have to go.
Yes, Australia UGG boots are comfortable- your feet/toes can spread as widely as you wish. Yes, they look stylish (or you can argue that they are not). Yes, they do look great ,especially the dark brown long ones. Yes, it looks like everybody is wearing them - so you must have them too. And they are really warm too-sheepskin is lovely!
But UGG Australia boots are not practical at all. They don't give you any support, they don't hold on to your ankles, they are not suitable for long walks in the park or next to the sea on pebbles. They look awful even after a little bit of rain and yes, the sole of the boots are getting thinner from day one. And maybe I am the only one but I felt that walking in them required more effort than walking in my MBTs. And they are expensive. Even in TKMAxx.
UGG Australia claims that the boots are the highest quality but I would argue with that, wherever I go I can see the heels turning outwards supporting my theory that the boots do not give you enough support. I had 2 operations on my ankles when I was 15, sadly lost feelings and controls of the right part of my ankles so I really need support from a shoe-the Uggs are comfortable but within two days my toes were hurting as I put more pressure on them and I was missing my MBTs. This could have been enough reason for me taking them back to the shop but at that stage I was still not convinced that they weren't for me.
Light bulb moment came a week later when went out to the park for a walk- it started to rain and within 5 minutes the boots/my socks were all wet - it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all. Later they dried but there were visible water marks on the top. It took me an another 2 days and several wet wipes later to make them look like new. I just knew than that they had to go, I couldn't/can't afford using 2 pair of boots on a rainy day,not to mention I can't carry 2 pairs with me- I commute by bike!
I wore my UGG boots on sale for about 15 days, the sole already started to show signs of wear, they definetely still look newish but not new at all. Should I have returned them to TKMaxx? Tried but I bought them 6 weeks earlier so they did not offer refund. I know they won't go much higher on Ebay and I will lose quite a lot of money on them, and I just wish I would have listened to my mates who did not recommend Uggs at all. One can never stop learning from mistakes.
Summary: Style doesn't mean practicality

没有评论:

发表评论